MS And PHD International Scholarship For Study Abroad
HEC announces the international scholarship for MS and PHD students to study in top 100 QS ranked universities. The purpose of this scholarship is to advance the skills. The scholarship is for the academic session of Fall 2021, Spring 2022 and Fall 2022.
Field Of Study
The scholarship shall be granted to the students in the following field of study.
- Computer Science
- Artificial Intelligence
- Data Science
- Software Engineering
- Information Technology
- Candidate must be a Pakistani or AJK national.
- Candidate must have Bachelor’s or Master’s (16 years education) in computer science, software engineering, information technology, computer engineering and electrical engineering avionics for MS scholarship.
- Candidate must have BS/MS/MPhil in computer science, software engineering, information technology, computer engineering and electrical engineering avionics for PHD scholarship.
- Candidate must have 1st division in annual examination system or 3.0 CGPA out of 4.0 or 75% marks in the final degree for PHD scholarship.
- Candidate must have 60% marks or 2.50 CGPA out of 4.0 in the final degree for MS scholarship.
- Candidate must have maximum two 2nd divisions and no 3rd division throughout academic career.
- Maximum age on closing date for MS scholarship shall be less than or equal to 35 years.
- Maximum age on closing date for PHD scholarship shall be less than or equal to 40 years.
- Candidate must have obtained requisite qualification on or before the closing date of scholarship.
- Candidates who are availing any other scholarship are not eligible to apply or they need to reimbursed the already availed scholarship for consideration.
- All scholarships shall be awarded on merit as per the Federal Government quota policy.
- Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of HEC aptitude score. Only shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview by the relevant board.
- Applications will be processed on the basis of online data/information provided by the applicants. In case any information found untrue/misrepresented at any stage the application will be rejected.
- On completion of their MS/PHD program, all scholarship awardees will be required to return to Pakistan immediately to serve for a minimum of 4/6 years respectively. No request for waiver for the purpose of service bond will be entertained in any case.
- The candidates, who abscond during or after completion of their degrees, will be charged twice the expense in foreign currency incurred by scholarship programme on them.
- Obtaining visas of their relevant country will be responsibility of candidates.
- Admission requirements must be met by candidates.
- The international scholarships offer will expire if a selected candidate cannot secure admission in the mentioned academic session (Fall 2021, Spring 2022 and Fall 2022).
- Application must be submitted online through HEC portal (https://eportal.hec.gov.pk/) by October 25, 2021.
- Original online deposit slip or ATM transfer slip of rupees 500 (non-refundable) as application procession fee in favour of Director General Finance HEC must be uploaded on the HEC portal. Fee can be deposited in Account # 17427900133401 Habib Bank Limited (HBL) Pakistan, through any branch.
HEC Aptitude Test
The Education Testing Council (ETC) will conduct HEC Aptitude Test (HAT-1), Which will be announced later.
Visit HEC official site for more information.